I’ve been tagged by my blogger friend, Jenn@Random Thoughts. Sounds like fun, so here I go...
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. List 6 unspectacular quirks you have- (as opposed to all my SPECTACULAR ones?)
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each taggee’s blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I have to fold my towels a certain way. Everybody else in my house has to fold them a certain way too. My Way! Not only that but my towels stack two high and two next to each other. The ones on the left have to have the stitching on the towel facing on the outside of the towel and when it is on the shelf the stitching on the left towels are on the right side, the stitching on the towels on the right face the the towels on the left, facing left. (N has figured this out and is now allowed to fold towels.)
2. My spices are on a turn table in alphabetical order... it drives me crazy if they get out of order.
3. I daydream A LOT. Not just "oh wouldn't it be nice if we had a new house?" daydreams. First I plan the house, then I decorate the house (this is all in my head of course) then I make up scenarios of our day in the house. But I can't just be content with that. There has to be reality to my daydreaming. Like where did we get the money for this 7 bedroom house? So I have to back track and come up with why we are so rich. Whenever I am bored or doing anything monotonous I return to my little dream world and go about the events of the day in my rich snobby little fantasy. I live there often. Strangely enough I tend to be a very content person and my make believe world is what keeps me that way. I daydream about the things I don't have that I wouldn't mind someday having. The people in my life are always the same. All the things I love are there. My husband, kids, parents, siblings... If ever I find myself becoming too discontent with my regular life I abandon the daydream for awhile and then return again when I feel it is safe.
4. I organize my closet in a very particular way. (I bet you are shocked after the whole towel thing) Strappy dresses, short sleeve dresses, long sleeve dresses, shorter skirts, longer skirts... in order like this, you get the point. Same with the shoes, black dress, black casual... (I also recently had over 60 pair of shoes, I downsized quite a bit a few months ago) Again drives me crazy if my closet is out of order. I can leave shoes scattered all over the house (and I do) and my room can be an absolute wreck (and it sometimes is) but once it has made it to the closet everything must be in it's place.
5. Like Jenn, I make up silly songs all the time. I catch myself singing them to myself, my kids, N... It is sometimes like a musical around here. I realize I am singing to the kids about what we are doing. N has been so sweet to point out that a very large percentage of them are about potty related things. Shocking, I know!
6. I HATE talking on the phone. I spend probably a total of 7 to 10 hours a week on the phone with my mom (some weeks, is that an exaggeration mama?) I talk to Jarrod often when he is out of town, I call my sisters occasionally and we have a hard time getting off the phone. Otherwise I am terrible at returning phone calls. I avoid it until Jarrod makes me. I would rather email someone than have to pick up the phone to ask a quick question. The thought of getting on the phone, at times, makes me feel like my insides are just crawling. Once I am on the phone I am usually okay. And, this quirk is getting better. (it use to make me sick to my stomach and a little emotional, in my defense I was going through a yucky time in my life emotionally when I reacted that strongly to it). My dad also hates talking on the phone and our conversations are often times strange. We both want to get off the phone (not because we don't love each other. We are actually close and despite what he says, he LOVES every ounce of time he has with me) but we don't want to offend the other person by not at least pretending to inquire about the others day, etc. The phone is just not something either of us do well. However, given the right topic (tips on what to do for my husband for valentines) you might just find yourself in the middle of a very detailed, very blunt conversation with daddy that you cannot get out of fast enough. (I think I have almost brought myself to be able to glance in my father's direction without blushing since that one... actually I think I am blushing now just thinking about it.)
So there it is, yep, I am a freak! What can I say? I am lucky to have a few poor souls in my life that love me in spite of all of this.
Now I am tagging...
Elsie@Flower Fairies and Fairy Cakes
Jill@Live Laugh Blog
Cecily@My Chaos My Bliss
Harris@Why Me (because I have a feeling his whole life is one big quirk)
Sue@Navel Gazing at It's Finest
List your blog for free at Home With Friends